Is Bankruptcy Right for Me?
Legal Insight from a Charlotte Bankruptcy Attorney
Determining whether bankruptcy is right for you will be the first step toward finding debt relief. Before considering bankruptcy, you should explore bankruptcy alternatives as well. For many people suffering financially, the
alternatives to bankruptcy can offer different benefits and can even minimize the risk of future legal problems or financial issues. In other cases, bankruptcy is the best option.
Fortunately, our Charlotte bankruptcy lawyer has been assisting both consumer debtors and business owners in the Charlotte area for more than 15 years. At
Schwilm Law Firm, PLLC, we know how provide tailored solutions for any budget or financial portfolio. Whether you are experiencing creditor harassment or fear that you are about to default on your mortgage, we are here to help, to listen, and create an effective solution for your unique needs.
Whether you are filing for Chapter 7 bankruptcy or
Chapter 13 bankruptcy, it will be crucial that you have a full understanding of what
bankruptcy can or cannot do for you. A few examples of the benefits and limitations of bankruptcy are listed below. Call our firm to learn more.
What bankruptcy can do:
- Bankruptcy can have a negative, relatively short-term impact your credit score and can remain on your credit report for up to 10 years
- Bankruptcy can eliminate all or most of your debts
- Bankruptcy can put a stop to all collection actions against you
- Bankruptcy can give you time to save your home from foreclosure or catch up on mortgage
What bankruptcy cannot do:
- Bankruptcy cannot eliminate certain debts, including child support, most tax debts, and most student loans (except in rare cases)
- Bankruptcy cannot put a stop to any criminal proceedings
- Bankruptcy cannot protect you from losing eligibility for applying for credit cards
- Bankruptcy cannot eliminate other non-dischargeable debts
Get your life back. Call Schwilm Law Firm, PLLC today!
We can help you determine whether filing bankruptcy will be worth it to you in the long run. We would never insist that our clients take an action that would not benefit them. We want to put you in the best possible position for permanent debt relief, not a temporary fix that can help you for only a short time and could potentially result in long-term damage.
Call Schwilm Law Firm, PLLC
today and schedule your risk-free, completely confidential case consultation.