Charlotte, NC Attorney Provides Personalized Bankruptcy Assistance
Offering a comprehensive approach to debt relief
Our experienced Charlotte, NC attorney at Schwilm Law Firm, PLLC is dedicated to providing knowledgeable legal assistance to individuals who are seeking bankruptcy protection. Our firm has served individuals and businesses in the Charlotte metropolitan area for more than 15 years. If you feel overwhelmed by accumulated bills and are trying to find a way out, we can help you alleviate the constant stress of debt by finding a solution that works for you. Our firm has successfully handled thousands of complex bankruptcy cases by helping our clients obtain the benefit of governmental protection so that they can reorganize their finances and start life over.
Helping you with a fresh financial start
When you are facing consumer debt issues, you need qualified legal advice. Our seasoned bankruptcy law attorney listens to your individual circumstances and explains your legal options for obtaining financial stability. Whether you want to discharge your debt or you are seeking a loan modification, we are fully equipped to help. We provide:
- Outstanding personal service — Our firm understands that our clients are not file numbers, but individuals, families and businesses with real problems. You receive our personal attention and service based on your unique circumstances.
- A comprehensive and experienced approach — Our legal team has been working together for a long time. We collaborate to tackle every legal issue we encounter. Everyone at our firm is informed of our clients’ matters, so anyone can assist you with your case at any time.
- Lasting relationships — We value our interpersonal relationships with our clients. In fact, we are proud that our affiliation with our clients often lasts longer than the actual cases.
Our firm is detail oriented and determined to achieve your goals. We understand that your bankruptcy, foreclosure or repossession is a stressful event in your life, so we are accessible and prepared to help. We are your partner in your case, protecting your best interests and working with you to obtain positive results.
Working to resolve your consumer debt issues
We have a reputation for diligence and integrity in helping individuals who are struggling financially. We are committed to protecting your personal financial matters. We can assist you in the following areas:
- Bankruptcy — Chapter 7 and Chapter 13 are the two most common types of consumer bankruptcy filings. We can help you determine which type of case you qualify for and if your debt can be discharged. In addition, we handle Chapter 11 filings for individuals and businesses.
- Debt collection defense — Creditor harassment is a problem that many debtors face. We are familiar with the various abusive practices collectors use, and we aggressively protect your rights. In addition, we can help you take measures to repair your credit.
- Foreclosures and repossessions — If you are struggling to pay your mortgage loan or other secured debts, we can help you avoid foreclosure or repossession. We provide persuasive negotiations in seeking loan modifications or swift action in filing a bankruptcy case to halt lawsuits by your secured creditors.
- Debt consolidation — Debt consolidation is the process of obtaining one loan to pay off several other loans. We work to help you obtain a lower interest rate, secure a fixed interest rate (instead of variable rates) and obtain the convenience of managing only one loan.
- Wage garnishment — North Carolina has strict garnishment laws. Understanding when a wage garnishment can be filed against you is important. A wage garnishment instructs your employer to pay a percentage of your wages to the creditor.
We understand that people face unexpected events, such as losing a job, divorce, medical issues or financial mismanagement, that leave them needing help. Let us provide you with the legal advice and guidance you need to get your life back on track.
Contact our experienced bankruptcy attorney for a free initial consultation
The legal team at Schwilm Law Firm, PLLC is prepared to help you with a fresh financial start. We are proud to serve the Charlotte metropolitan area. Contact us at 704.567.5252 or online to schedule your free and confidential appointment. We offer convenient parking at our Charlotte office.